Rolls Royce Trophy
The trophy shall be known as the ROLLS ROYCE TROPHY.
The purpose of the competition is to stimulate scouting generally, and to foster inter unit activity in a social atmosphere through healthy competition.
Competition for the trophy shall be by challenge against the unit holding the trophy.
A challenge may be lodged by any Venturer Unit in the ACT Branch.
TERMS OF THE CHALLENGE
(1) Challenges are to be in the form of a proficiency contest in any aspect of the Venturer Award Scheme.
(2) Written challenges with precise details must be submitted to the current holder of the trophy and a copy to the Registrar. The Registrar will assess the suitability of the challenge and advise both the Holder and the Challenger if it may proceed.
(3) The numerical strength of the unit must be shown on each challenge. The venue and suitable date must also be included.
(4) Normally all members of the unit must participate in each challenge. With the Registrar's approval the numbers participating shall be a minimum of FIVE and a maximum being the number of Venturers in the defending unit.
(5) Units are permitted to co-opt ONE prospective Venturer to enable a challenge to be entered or defended.
(6) Leaders may not take part in a challenge.
(7) Units must not challenge repeatedly on the same activity.
(8) Units may issue only one challenge at a time.
(9) The challenging unit must supply or arrange the supply of equipment for the activity.
(10) Should any of these terms be disputed, the B.C. for Venturers shall make the FINAL decision.
NOTICE OF CHALLENGE
The holders of the trophy must be given at least four weeks notice of the nature of the challenge.
ORDER OF ACCEPTANCE OF A CHALLENGE
Challenges are to be recorded in the order in which they are received.However where identical challenges are received the Registrar may approve a multiple challenge.
The challenging Unit is responsible for finding a judge acceptable to the Registrar and to both parties.
The Registrar may rule any challenge unsatisfactory on the grounds of safety.
RECORD OF ACHIEVEMENT
The name of any Unit which withstands TWO challenges in succession will be recorded on the base of the trophy. Any Unit either withstanding or mounting a successful challenge will have its name recorded on the surrogate trophy. All successful challenges will be published in the branch newsletter.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE REGISTRAR
(1) The branch venturer commissioner is to appoint annually a Trophy Registrar.
(2) The responsibilities of the Registrar are:
(a) Maintain a register of challenges
(b) Ensure that all challenges have a direct relationship to scouting.
(c) Notify the challenger of the suitability of the challenge and give an indication of the possible date of the contest.
(d) Notify the challenger and holder of the number of Venturers permitted to participate in the challenge.
(e) Give the trophy holders at least 4 weeks notice of a challenge.
(f) Appoint appropriately qualified judges for each contest.
(g) Arrange a venue appropriate for the activity, but recognising the need for spectator interest.
(h) Notify the challenger and the holder immediately the contest result is known.
(i) Obtain the maximum publicity from the challenges.
(j) Make available to the Branch Commissioner for Venturers full details of any challenge under dispute.
(k) Report the challenges and results to branch headquarters once every three months.